Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sleepy Student

The question everyone asks: what about school?!

I wish it wasn't so, but school is #1 on the list of places that I struggle to stay awake. It's sedated (I'm sitting down the entire class period usually) & static for the most part. Classes that I tend to have less problems with are more interactive. I can't avoid lecture classes if I want to get my degree (& I do), so I do my best.

I'm actually pretty happy that I even made it to college. There for awhile in High School, I really thought I wasn't going to graduate. High School was the worst experiance of my life-- I'm a smart girl, but I could never stay awake long enough to prove it. What's worse is that it took me awhile to accept any help at all.

"I DO IT BY MYSELF" was one of my favorite phrases as a tyke.

Anyway, I just went to class this morning & sure enough, popped in & out of sleep all throughout the lecture. It's so hard to get complete notes, & impossible to not to do extra work outside class to make up for it.

Le Sigh. Such is Life.

Photobucket
<3- Eden

1 comment:

Main Man said...

Eden,

I think it is fantastic that you are heading to class and college, even if you do fade in and out of some lectures. As you said so well, "such is life." The fact that you are facing and accepting your narcolepsy is tremendous. A friend of mine (also a PWN) firmly believes that PWNs would rule the world were it not for our disease. I tend to believe her. Seriously, think about how overwhelming you would be if you were not exhausted 24/7. The guys in my men's group often comment about how they got less done than I did, but I am the one complaining about how limiting my condition is. I look forward to reading more of your blog.