Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Exausted but Strong

So besides falling asleep, Narcolepsy wears me out. Literally. Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy-- all of the above. I've been dancing since I was a very little girl (jazz, ballet, tap, modern, hip-hop) so energy has always been pretty key in my life. When I was first diagnosed in October of 2003, I finally understood why my energy had been dragging. Now that it's 2008, I've been dealing with my exhaustion for five years & I know how to deal with it a little better. Sometimes I think that I can actually go further & longer than most people because I'm used to being worn out. The hardest part though, is that no one understands how exhausted I am-- people think I'm being dramatic & wimpy, when really I'm wearing myself completely to the bone. What people don't get is that every day my energy is like...well, imagine you hadn't slept for a week. That's how much energy I have on a daily basis.

Really though, negativity aside, I'm convinced that everything in life happens for a reason. I have learned to be strong & endure because of this. Sometimes I feel like I just don't have enough energy to make it through the day. In the end though, once I make it, I realize how much stronger I am because of the struggle.

<3- Eden

""""I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
-Philippia
ns 4:12-13

1 comment:

Oh Hola I'm Ja:) said...

Hola! Glad I found your blog! This bible verse is just what I needed to read today! How did you know:) Take care, and I look forward to reading more.

Via con Dios,
Ja