Thursday, January 29, 2009

Well, long time no post on this blog. I just opened a general blog (just about life) because I found myself wanting to stray off the topic of narcolepsy here.

Well, not taking school this semester, but I think I'll take some online classes. I've been trying to find a job like mad-- I think I may finally have a lead because of networking. I'm really unsure whether or not to mention the sleep disorder, (for a job) it's not like they can turn me down because of it (but they might try).

I'm on Xyrem now, and it actually seems to be helping a little. I was really scared to try it for a long time, too bad I didn't start it sooner. I still have Providgil to take on "as needed" basis-- I only really use it for class, or if I have to drive far.

Mostly, my biggest issue with narcolepsy is that it's really hard to lose weight. My metabolism is like non-existent, and my body takes all it's energy to keep me going (it never thinks about burning fat). So, because of this I've decided to go no-carb/no-sugar untill I'm at my normal weight again. I'm also running every other day, which (needless to say) wipes me out.

Well that's all for now.

<3- Eden

1 comment:

slaveofAllah said...

yeah...i'm narcoleptic too. but we have to go on with our lives. be happy!

smiley from malaysia!

=)